An amazing organization of people who are helping the at-risk middle school and high school students in the Pasco area. We at PowerZone are in the business of changing lives!!! Our goal is to build solid caring relationships with these young people and to help them learn to make better, safer life choices. We are seeing changes in their lives such as: increased school attendance, higher grade point average, fewer gang involved relationships, less drug and alcohol abuse, fewer pregnancies and less necessity for juvenile justice involvement in their lives.
PowerZone was established in 2000 and acquired tax exempt status (501c3) in 2003. At this time we have a student attendance of over 50, a student leadership team of thirteen and an adult team of six. Because of our after school homework program we are in partnership with the Pasco School District through their “Building Bridges” Program. This is a program which is reaching at-risk students and helping them stay in school until graduation. We have built a very good reputation in both Pasco and Kennewick as an organization that works hard to make positive changes in the lives of the youth of our community.
- A gathering place that offers a safe haven for middle school and high school students
- A 501C3 non-profit outreach agency for the communities of the TriCities
- A place for solid, safe relationships with adults who care
- A place of worship and celebration of new life
- A place of homework and study - “Destination Graduation!”
- A non-threatening environment where young people learn to overcome adversity and pursue successful, victorious living
- A place of freedom and fun!!
- To see our young people standing strong against adversity and making healthy lifestyle choices
- To see all of our young people graduate from high school on time and go on to college or a career suited for their gifts and talents
- To raise up future leaders for our community and our world!!
PowerZone’s goals are:
“Forget the former things - do not dwell on the past.
See, I’m doing a new thing!!”